Escape Room Games which have only recently been introduced to the wider public across the globe have won the interest and attention of young people. In this regard, harnessing the potential of digital escape room games can have a major impact on the accessibility and viability of youth education provision.
The LUOVA project proposes the creation of a comprehensive suite of fully-online escape room challenges to attract those on the margins of education and training and to support them to build the key components of creative and critical thinking through a challenge-based learning approach.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Promote creative and critical thinking through the development of alternative pedagogical resources using online educational escape rooms based on constructivist learning theory
- Encourage the development of creative and critical thinking skills in youth-work environments where non-formal and informal learning can flourish
- Support front-line youth workers to harness the potential of mobile learning environments to build high-value skill sets within their marginalised target groups
- Foster an entrepreneurial spirit among young Europeans ensuring that they have the necessary skills to research, select, analyse, organise and present information.
To achieve these objectives project partners will develop the LUOVA Online Escape Room Compendium of Resources which will comprise the learning content for the proposed online escape room challenges at introductory and advanced levels for the following subjects:
- Imagination and originality
- Communication and self-expression
During the development of the project youth workers will have the opportunity to participate to an In-service Training Programme that will provide essential continuous professional development for the support to front-line youth workers to enable them harness the full potential of these new dynamic learning resources. All resources and additional relevant material will be available through an online platform.