Senior Researcher – Project Manager (2 positions)
CARDET is the largest independent, non-profit research and development organisation in Cyprus with a strong presence in Europe and the region. At CARDET we envision a just and sustainable world where people learn and flourish. Our mission is to design innovative education and services that inspire and empower individuals and communities to thrive. We believe that education can be a powerful force for change. A large part of global problems and challenges are a result of the lack of knowledge, skill, and competencies. Our approach to education aims to have a strong social impact and help shape a better world through education, training, capacity building, awareness raising, and communication. If you want to have an impact and you are interested in working for a purpose-driven organisation, we would like to hear from you as we expand our teams with new opportunities.
CARDET is interested in hiring experienced Senior Researchers – Project Managers who will be responsible for facilitating and executing EU/ research projects in the education and digital learning sector. We are looking for high calibre individuals who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English. An ability to communicate in Greek would be an advantage
- Pleasant personality with excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Resilience and agility
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Creative mind, patterned with problem solving ability
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Prepare research proposals, grant applications, and tenders.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare reports.
- Conduct fieldwork research (interviews, survey research, observations, focus groups).
- Prepare data collection instruments, collect, and analyse data.
- Facilitate the organisation of workshops and dissemination activities.
- Design courses for face-to-face, blended, and online delivery.
- Develop reports, project outputs, training material.
- Deliver and facilitate training seminars/webinars in certain areas of expertise.
- Manage projects and offer administrative support for research projects.
- Prepare and deliver project presentations.
- Coordinate research, projects, and teams to successfully complete deliverables.
- Travel abroad for project meetings, events, and conferences.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A Masters and/or PhD in a related field would be considered an asset (e.g. Digital Learning, Sustainable Development, Environmental Education, etc.).
- Previous proven experience with research design and implementation in a similar position is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of the following domains:
- Digital Learning (XR, AI, STEAM, gamification in education, etc.)
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Proven track record of successful research project implementation
If you are ready to embark on an exciting career journey and eager to make a positive impact in a dynamic organisation, you can complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date CV, and cover letter indicating your experience to the Hiring Committee by January 31st, 2024 through the link here.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARDET is an HR Award winning, equal opportunities, disability confident, employer of choice. We have recently been accredited the Sound Industrial Relations 2014 standard. We are committed to safeguarding and are against all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. To be considered for one of our positions, shortlisted applicants must complete a self-declaration form to confirm they have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal), provide the contact details of at least 2 work related referees and certificates of clear criminal records by the Cyprus Police and be willing to provide samples of their work.