Senior Communication & Marketing Officer (Hybrid / partly remote)
CARDET is the largest independent, non-profit research and development organisation in Cyprus with a strong presence in Europe and the region. At CARDET we envision a just and sustainable world where people learn and flourish. Our mission is to design innovative education and services that inspire and empower individuals and communities to thrive. We believe that education can be a powerful force for change. A large part of global problems and challenges are a result of the lack of knowledge, skill, and competencies. Our approach to education aims to have a strong social impact and help shape a better world through education, training, capacity building, awareness raising, and communication. If you want to have an impact and are interested in working for a purpose-driven organisation, we would like to hear from you as we expand our teams with new opportunities.
CARDET is expanding its Communication team and is interested in hiring an experienced, creative Senior Communication & Marketing Officer to coordinate and support its visibility and dissemination operations. For this position, the Centre is looking to employ a high calibre individual who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Greek with strong writing skills in both languages
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Strong proofreading and editorial skills with a good eye for detail
- Positive mindset, resilience and agility
- Dynamic and pleasant personality
- Solid management and leadership skills
- Willingness to learn
- Drive and initiative
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- Creative mind, partnered with problem-solving ability
- Interest in topics related to SDGs, digital transformation, education, inclusion, social justice and innovation
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the execution of events and communication activities
- Develop and implement communication plans, social media promotions, and digital campaigns.
- Align communication activities and events with communication and marketing objectives.
- Support the implementation of a Web/Online presence strategy.
- Develop compelling and engaging content across all of the Centre’s channels including its website, blogs, video, social media, email communication, press releases, and newsletters.
- Support projects to communicate effectively with stakeholders – including campaigns, events and dissemination reports.
- Write and edit articles in Greek and English
- Use of measurable analytics to adjust strategies and make decisions.
- Monitor, report and analyse results to evaluate and improve SEO performance.
- Prepare and deliver project presentations in Greek and English to different target audiences.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online communication.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Public Relations.
- Proven track record with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to create effective social media strategies and manage multiple social media accounts.
- Knowledge of a graphic design software such Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or CANVA will be considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of the following domains:
- Social Media – Digital Marketing
- Communications and event planning
- Google analytics, SEO and SEM
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising promotional and awareness raising campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting career journey and eager to make a positive impact in a dynamic organisation , you can complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date CV, and cover letter indicating your experience to the Hiring Committee by January 31st, 2024 through the link here.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARDET is an HR Award winning, equal opportunities, disability confident, employer of choice. We have recently been accredited with the Sound Industrial Relations 2014 standard. We are committed to safeguarding and are against all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. To be considered for one of our positions, shortlisted applicants must complete a self-declaration form to confirm they have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal), provide the contact details of at least 2 work related referees and certificates of clear criminal records by the Cyprus Police and be willing to provide samples of their work.