Personal Executive Assistant
CARDET is the largest independent, non-profit research and development organisation in Cyprus with a strong presence in Europe and the region. At CARDET we envision a just and sustainable world where people learn and flourish. Our mission is to design innovative education and services that inspire and empower individuals and communities to thrive. We believe that education can be a powerful force for change. A large part of global problems and challenges are a result of the lack of knowledge, skill, and competencies. Our approach to education aims to have a strong social impact and help shape a better world through education, training, capacity building, awareness raising, and communication. If you want to have an impact and you are interested in working for a purpose-driven organisation, we would like to hear from you as we expand our teams with new opportunities.
CARDET is expanding its operations and is interested in hiring an experienced Personal Executive Assistant who will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director. We are looking for a high calibre individual who will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as active listening skills to effectively convey information and instructions
- Fluency in English and Greek
- Pleasant personality with excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Problem solving abilities
- Professionalism and self motivation
- Discretion and confidentiality
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Act as a Personal Assistant to the Executive Director.
- Maintain effective workflow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the Executive Director’s communication, including emails and phone calls.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, schedule appointments, and organise/ coordinate meetings.
- Book travel for the leadership team.
- Ensure leadership team meetings are properly arranged and serviced (drafting agendas, collating documents and reports, taking minutes and following up action points).
- Provide support to the Management Team and undertake any other requests and queries appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Handle any other ad-hoc projects and tasks.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, or other related field would be considered an asset.
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Proficiency in using various software applications, including office productivity tools (G-Suite, Google Spaces, Office365), email management, and calendar applications.
- Previous experience in a similar position is essential.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting career journey and eager to make a positive impact in a dynamic organisation , you can complete our online application form and submit an up-to-date CV, and cover letter indicating your experience to the Hiring Committee by January 31st, 2024 through the link here.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARDET is an HR Award winning, equal opportunities, disability confident, employer of choice. We have recently been accredited the Sound Industrial Relations 2014 standard. We are committed to safeguarding and are against all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. To be considered for one of our positions, shortlisted applicants must complete a self-declaration form to confirm they have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal), provide the contact details of at least 2 work related referees and certificates of clear criminal records by the Cyprus Police and be willing to provide samples of their work.