Active ageing, one of the EC priorities, needs additional measures at national and European levels, from an integrated approach, for offering older people real opportunities to use their huge potential and to become sources of learning for the younger generations.
The BeOLD project aims to update skills and to support older workers for a better adaptation at work place and for an enhanced employability and to engage employers in support measures for older workers, resulting an inclusive society and labor market. The specific objectives of the project are the following:
- propose an integrated approach for enhancing older persons participation at workplace: the elaboration of a vocational counseling methodology for older workers and of a training program for companies management. This will provide learning opportunities for older workers, an enhanced work motivation and will change organizational climate into an inclusive one.
- to promote social inclusion of older persons through their better integration at workplace, their empowerment through counseling and education
- to combat ageism at workplace and to foster intergenerational learning and mentoring activities in companies
- to develop educators competences in this area
- to propose a model of policy for supporting older workers
The target groups that will be addressed in the project are:
- older workers (55+ years old) from private companies
- HR managers/managers/coordinators of private companies from different sectors (industry, cooperatives, services etc.)
- different stakeholders at local/regional/national level (public authorities)
The project will develop a vocational counseling methodology for older workers using different active and innovative learning methods, to update their skills and to face age transitions, and a training program for companies management, in order to combat ageism at workplace, promote age management strategies and foster intergenerational learning and mentoring.
The project will develop four outputs:
1. E-book – Transnational Report: Generations@work – Barriers and resources of different generations at work. The output will provide the background to develop the other outputs. In particular, it will provide background information on the support, at organisational and societal level, which is provided to older workers in the countries of the project (Romania, Cyprus, Italy, Spain, and Greece).
2. Vocational counselling methodology for older workers ‘better work at old age. The output will be a training package which will provide trainers, vocational counselors, adult educators working with older workers with resources and methodologies to improve older workers’ employability and opportunities to develop new career paths.
3. Training program for human resources managers, managers, coordinators, directors of organizations/institutions The output will be a training package targeting human resources managers, managers, coordinators, directors of organizations / institutions employing a multigenerational staff. The training will provide resources to adapt the organizational environment to all generations, as well as to fight stereotypes on older workers and to organise intergenerational mentoring programmes.
4. Guide with recommendations for public policies regarding support for older workers The guide will summarise the other outcomes of the project and the lessons learnt. It will promoted among relevant stakeholders in the project’s countries (namely: trade-unions, third-age associations, employers’ associations, VET agencies, employment services, policy makers) and it will ai to contribute to better active ageing policies aolicies across EU.
Asociatia Habilitas – Centru de Resurse si Formare Profesionala (Romania) - COORDINATOR
Universitatea Din Bucuresti (Romania)
Confederatia Nationala Sindicala ”Cartel ALFA” (Romania)
Centre For Advancement Of Research And Development In Educational Technology Ltd-Cardet (Cyprus)
Asociación Instituto Europeo De Estudios Para La Formación Y El Desarrollo (Spain)
Anziani E Non Solo Sc (Italy)
Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou (Greece)
Telephone: +30 210 3637547
An Erasmus + Strategic Partnerhsips in Adult Education project, financed by A.N.P.C.D.E.F.P.
Duration: 2 years (2017-2019)
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.