“Developing capacities together: European CSO-university networks for global learning on migration, security and sustainable development in an interdependent world” (InterCap) is a 3-year project (from Nov. 2017 to Oct. 2020) funded by EuropeAid envisaging to establish European CSOs-university networks, to build the capacities of the education actors, to promote global learning on migration, security and sustainable development in an interdependent world. InterCap, leaded by CARDET, brings together 13 organizations from 12 different EU countries specialized in teachers’ training, educational reform, sustainable development and migration issues, along with more than 40 associates from all over EU (local authorities, Ministries, Universities, and CSOs).
Overall, the project aims to enhance critical understanding of migration and sustainable development, in the context of SDGs, amongst those in teacher education, in order to increase comprehension of the relationship between the interdependent world, (in)-security and risk. More specifically, by the end of the project, the InterCap partners are committed to:
- Ensure coherence and consistency in the delivery of development education on migration, sustainable development, and the interdependencies across local and global contexts.
- Enhance development education competencies amongst CSOs’ and University teacher trainers.
- Increase the availability of quality content and critical development education pedagogies in teacher training.
The partners shall meet their objectives through the development and/or implementation of the following main activities:
- Conduct audit on migration, sustainability and development education
- Establish mentor partnerships between teacher training institutions, a European development education Community of Practice and national networks for the promotion of Policy Coherence for Development (PCD)
- Develop a 6-module Training Package for development education teacher training based on the participatory educational methods of Philosophy for Children (P4C), Open Spaces for Dialogue and Enquiry (OSDE) and Theatre for Living (T4L).
- Implement international & national teacher trainers’ trainings and national teachers’ workshops
- Practice-oriented projects, involving CSOs, Universities and local community
- Internships for pre-service teachers
- Annual International Conferences and other awareness raising activities
For more information visit our project website and for updates follow us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
This publication was produced with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of CARDET and its project partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union [InterCap project number: CSO-LA/2017/388-136].