The main goals of CARDET include:
- To conduct research and development on the links between education, training, employment, Information Communication Technologies, and social progress.
- To foster innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership for educational and social reform.
- To apply interdisciplinary approaches that improve and strengthen the role of civil society, trade unions, democratic processes, equality, and social justice for all.
- To develop links with organizations and agencies around the world in addressing social, business, health, environmental, and education needs.
- To provide research, evaluation, education, and training services to individuals, governments, businesses, and other agencies.
To achieve these goals, CARDET brings together an international team of experienced professionals with extensive global expertise in their respective areas. CARDET has collaborated with organizations, governments, international and local agencies, and corporations in Asia, Europe, and the USA. Members of the CARDET team successfully completed more than 130 projects in more than 40 countries, several of which were supported by the European Commission, the National Science Foundation, Microsoft, The Commonwealth of Learning, the United Nations Development Program, The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation, and several Ministries around the world. In the next decade, CARDET plans to enhance its contribution to educational research and social development that make a difference in people’s lives.