CARDET, the largest independent, non-profit research and development organization in Cyprus, is looking to recruit a driven and ambitious individual to join its expanding Development team.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remuneration package in accordance to their qualifications and experience.
Interested individuals are kindly asked to submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to the Hiring Committee by the 20th of June 2022 to the following link.
We are looking for high calibre individuals who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Adaptable and able to learn fast
- Good at troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Thorough and precise in their work
- Able to manage their time effectively
- Team player
- Able to assess possible solutions and make informed choices
- Good command of Greek and English (written and verbal)
Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Studies project briefs and determines requirements.
- Participates in weekly planning with the Head of Technology to keep track of progress on different projects
- Researches the market and makes recommendations to the Head of Technology for new equipment
- Coordinates troubleshooting, support and service for equipment and networks on regular intervals.
- Maintains a detailed inventory of all equipment
- Performs OS installation and system configuration on all computers
- Stays up to date with the latest developments and security updates of the IT world
- Ensures software licencing laws are followed.
- Designs maintenance procedures and schedules upgrades.
- Tests and modifies systems to ensure their reliable operation.
- Trains new staff across departments in IT systems, where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field is essential
- Previous IT Help Desk experience is essential
- Master’s degree in relevant field is desirable