CARDET, the largest independent, non-profit research and development organization in Cyprus, is growing and opening up new positions for driven and ambitious individuals to join its team, as part of its continuous growth. The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package in accordance with their qualifications and experience.
Interested individuals are kindly asked to submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to the Hiring Committee by the 3rd of April 2022 indicating their expertise.
CARDET is interested in hiring a Junior Web Developer who will be tasked with the development and maintenance of websites for the organization. The Centre is looking to employ a high calibre individual who demonstrates the following attributes:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant subject
- Proven experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Prior experience with CMS systems is a MUST (Joomla, WordPress etc.)
- Portfolio of at least 2-3 websites (please include links in your CV)
- Basic understanding of design principles and front-end web development
- Results-oriented and able to work independently when necessary
- Passion for discovering new technologies and exploring new ideas
- Good knowledge of the English language
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops engaging and responsive websites from wireframe models
- Collaborates with the graphic design team to ensure websites feature attractive and user-friendly interfaces
- Receives content from project managers and uploads it on project websites, ensuring that the project identity and usability is preserved
- Provides support and applies fixes when technical issues related to the websites are detected
- Develops custom website functionality when required by project specifications
- Optimizes websites for maximum speed, usability and scalability
- Writes clean, readable, and well-documented code
- Employs industry and design best practices throughout the web development process
- Experience in LMS systems such as Moodle etc.
- Experience in web design
- Experience in large scale project development
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using source control software such as Git or SVN
To apply for the position, please click on the following link: https://cardet.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=fe612350-0ce4-4ac3-87ae-eb75dfb4c90f
The position will remain open until filled.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted*