CARDET is the largest education non-profit research and development organization in Cyprus. We currently run large scale initiatives, education policy experiments, interventions, and teacher professional development in more than 200 schools and universities. Areas of activity include STEAM education, digital learning, well-being, inclusive education, VET, assessment, and curriculum reform.
We have openings for driven and ambitious individuals to join our team. The positions are open for full-time or part-time engagement, depending on qualifications and availability. Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remuneration package in accordance with their qualifications and experience. Remote working is an option under certain conditions.
CARDET is interested in hiring a Communications Officer to support its visibility and dissemination operations. For this position, the Centre is looking to employ a high caliber individual who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking
- Proof reading and editorial skills with a good eye for detail
- Fluency in English and Greek
- Resilience and agility
- Dynamic and pleasant personality
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
- Creative mind, partnered with problem solving ability
- Interest in topics related to education, inclusion, social justice, and innovation
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Centre’s communication strategies and campaigns
- Research, develop and create compelling content across all of the Centre’s communication channels including its website, blogs, video, social media, email communication, search engine rankings, and newsletters
- Support projects to communicate effectively with stakeholders – including campaigns, events and dissemination reports
- Edit articles
- Management and update of CARDET’s and partners’ social media accounts
- Development and implementation of digital promotions
- Media relations
- Use of measurable analytics
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using tools like google analytics
- Prepare and deliver project presentations
- Write engaging content for a variety of audiences
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online communication and measurement
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media or Public Relations, or in Digital Marketing
- Some experience in a similar position (Knowledge of effective Social Media techniques and Digital Promotion)
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of the following domains:
- Social Media – Digital Marketing
- Google analytics, SEO and SEM
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
Interested individuals are kindly asked to submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to the Hiring Committee by the 10th of May 2021 (or until filled) their expertise and if they are interested in full-time or part-time engagement.
To apply for the position please click on the following link.
The positions will remain open until they are filled.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted*