Interested individuals are kindly asked to submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to the Hiring Committee by the 30th November 2020 in the relevant links provided below.
Please note: if the position is filled earlier the vacancy will close accordingly.
CARDET is interested in hiring a Web Developer who will be tasked with the development and maintenance of websites for the organization. The Centre is looking to employ a high calibre individual who demonstrates the following attributes:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant subject
- Proven experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Prior experience with CMS systems is a MUST (Joomla, WordPress etc.)
- Portfolio of at least 2-3 websites (please include links in your CV)
- Basic understanding of design principles and front-end web development
- Results-oriented and able to work independently when necessary
- Passion for discovering new technologies and exploring new ideas
- Good knowledge of the English language
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops engaging and responsive websites from wireframe models
- Collaborates with the graphic design team to ensure websites feature attractive and user-friendly interfaces
- Receives content from project managers and uploads it on project websites, ensuring that the project identity and usability is preserved
- Provides support and applies fixes when technical issues related to the websites are detected
- Develops custom website functionality when required by project specifications
- Optimizes websites for maximum speed, usability and scalability
- Writes clean, readable, and well-documented code
- Employs industry and design best practices throughout the web development process
- Experience in LMS systems such as Moodle etc.
- Experience in web design
- Experience in large scale project development
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using source control software such as Git or SVN
To apply for the position, please click on the following link.