CARDET is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental, research and development organization based in Cyprus with partners around the world. CARDET is becoming one of the leading institutions in the region for research and development in education, innovation, elearning, and social issues.
CARDET’s mission is to inspire next generation education, and to promote research, innovation, and development through evidence-based practices, cutting-edge research, and empowered professionals. For more information about CARDET visit www.cardet.org.
The position is open for full-time engagement, depending on qualifications and availability. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates, depending on qualifications and experience.
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
For this position we are looking for the employment of a high caliber individual who demonstrates the following attributes:
- Strong writing, communication, and organization skills
- Fluent in Greek and English languages
- Dynamic personality with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and take initiatives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent team skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop EU project budgets
- Manage the financial components of projects. This includes budget monitoring, vendor management and payments, project reports, resource allocation, employment contracts, manage reporting templates and forms
- Closure of projects and reporting to the funding agency
- Conduct project audits to ensure compliance with EC rules
- Perform standard office administrative and accounting needs
- Issue invoices and manage payments
- Cash flow management
- Complete tasks relating to VAT, social insurance, tax authorities, banks, etc.
- Interaction with external accounting firm
- Interaction with vendors and partners
- Execute any other duty and responsibility assigned by the Management Team
- Have a university degree
- Have LCCI Accounting intermediate or higher or similar qualification
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Basic bookkeeping and financial recording skills
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. SAGE or equivalent)